Complaining mild pain in chest under lower rib, advised Happi D but no help. Suggest?

I have been complaining mild pain (sometimes severe) in my left chest under the lower rib. I was advised to take Happi D capsules for 30days by a physician. I have completed the course. Still my issue has not been resolved. Still I am facing the pain in the mentioned area.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upper GI endoscopy will help to find the cause

Detailed Answer:

I see that you have taken a full 1-month course of Happi D capsules that has not helped you.

Your symptoms are not resolved. In such a case, I would advise my patients to undergo upper Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy to look for any ulcers or erosions, or any other underlying pathology. This would definitely help us to find the root cause of your problem and treat you accordingly.

It would also benefit to be tested for H.Pylori infection as well. This infection can be chronic and requires stringent drug treatment.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Follow-up: Complaining mild pain in chest under lower rib, advised Happi D but no help. Suggest? 30 minutes later
Thank you doctor, I will have the tests done asap.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
please proceed with the test

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Please proceed with the test as suggested.

Wish you good health.