Colposcopy shows cervix having florid HPV changes C1N1. Anteverted and thickened uterus, polyp found. Please explain

Hi, I have been told under colposcopy my cervix was seen to have florid Hpv changes CIN I. On Vaginal examination the uterus was anteverted, mobile and bulky of an 8 week size.
It was 10 cms with the uterine sound. The annexation felt normal.
On hysteroscopy the appearance of a bicornuate uterus were seen.
There was thin endometrium. Both Ostia were seen. Therefore good hysteroscopic views.
A polyp was seen.
Please can you explain this
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Florid HPV changes with CIN -I means that you have been infected with HPV and there are mild cervical cell changes or dysplasia. It means the skin cells of the cervix are reproducing slightly more quickly than normal. You need to practice safe sex, use a condom and practice monogamy to avoid any further infections.

The findings of the uterus are almost normal except for the bicornuate uterus and a polyp. Bicornuate uterus is a congenital uterine malformation where uterus is heart shaped and the uterine cavity is divided by a septum.

The polyp is a benign growth in the uterus or on the cervix which can be easily removed.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Colposcopy shows cervix having florid HPV changes C1N1. Anteverted and thickened uterus, polyp found. Please explain 21 hours later
does it have any concerns having a bicornuate uterus? would it have always been like this?
Also you didn't mention about the thin endometrium?
I have 3 children & been married for almost 14 years. So why are you telling me to practice safe sex and to use a condom?
maybe you should have asked me for further details as i found your reply a little insulting!

I also had stage 2 of pre cancer cells at 25. i had treatment whist i was pregnant with my 1st child. For 10 years i had smear tests yearly. Now its every 3 years.

The end of January this year i had an erosion removed, thats when they look into all the above. They also fitted a Mirena coil saying it will help with my periods as i now have a 21-24 day cycle. the pain is bad to, sometimes it feels like i want to give bitrh.. I have never had a coil before but felt a little bullyed into having it when i went for my pre operation in December., but really am not getting on with it. Have been bleeding now since the 29th of January.

Thanks for writing again.

Bicornuate uterus is a congenital defect. It is asymptomatic and may cause a difficulty in conception.
Thin endometrium may be physiological if the colposcopy was done just after your periods.

I sincerely apologies for advising you to maintain a monogamous relationship and practice safe sex. It was a general piece of advice and not specific. It was not revealed in your previous query that you are in a monogamous relationship with three children. I am sorry if you found my words hurting.

A prolonged bleeding and lower abdominal cramps are common side effects of mirena coil. It takes 3-4 weeks for your periods to become regular after that. In case the bleeding and the pain are persistent then you can get the coil removed after consulting your gynecologist.

Hope my answer was helpful.

Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.