Coloured sores under foreskin of penis. What is the cause and how to treat it?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
Hello.

Please can you help me. Under the forskin on my penis, On the more delicate tissue below i have lots of red sores on the top which sting etc. I think this may be due to sex. Please can you advise what i need to do for it to heal quickly?

I am currently doing salt washes twice a day, but am not sure if i should be using a cream aswell?

Please advise?

Kind Regards,

XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there.
From your description Herpes infection or a cnandidal balanitis both seem likely options. Can you be more descriptive of the sexual history please & how long after did this occur? Known aquaintaince?
Can you also upload a clear digital image of the region to help me give you a more clear picture?
Is there any blood test that you have done to rule out any STD's?
Await your response.
Regds
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Follow-up: Coloured sores under foreskin of penis. What is the cause and how to treat it? 6 minutes later

Thanks for the answer. This occurred quite quicly after having sex, the next day. There is also some small white dots and it smells a bit.

I have had the same partner for 2 months. She has had no sexual partners before me for nearly a year.

We do have sex very often and i think it may just be due to this overuse as i have been ok over the previous months.

If you was to look down at your penis and pull back the forskin you would see the skin underneath on the tip. It is directly on the top. not at the bottom.

Please advise what you think s best to do?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hey XXXXXXX
Perhaps this fits more into the frame of a fungal infection.
Take an oral tablet of fluconazole 200mg one tablet stat (single dose) & give the same to your partner. Locally apply a 2% ketoconazole cream twice/day for a week. For the first 2 days, mix a 1% hydrocortisone cream with it while using it.
This should take care of the issue. Good Luck!
To be on the safer side, i would also recommend doing a Herpes Ig G & IgM tests for herpes1&2 at a laboratory either this time or if the problem does not get better in 48 hrs.
Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Follow-up: Coloured sores under foreskin of penis. What is the cause and how to treat it? 18 minutes later
OK.

Thanks for the advice.

You are most welcome. Do hope it helps & all is well. Good Luck!