Color change of stool from dark green to brownish yellow after taking plyera. Is this normal?
User rating for this question
I'm taking plyera I'm on the 7th day at first my stool was a very dark green now it's starting to lighten up to like a brownish yellow almost is that normal.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be normal Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX Normal color of stool is usually pale yellow but could vary in color based on your diet and if there is presence of a digestive infection. Plyera is a medication with combination of bismuth, metronidazole and tetracycline and together with omeprazole is used for the treatment of H. pylori infection (major cause of gastritis). Your stool lightening up is a good sign and should consider this normal. Meaning plyera is actually having a good effect on your digestive tract. I should not worry much about this. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Feel free to ask any follow-up queries. Dr. Nsah
People also viewed
- Oxyelite pro when on adderall
- Is oxyelite similar to adderall
- Addison's disease caused by methamphetamine
- Is hives a side effect of temodar?
- Normal stool color green mercury
- Is cough a side effect of pitocin?
- Azithromycin dark green stool color
- Adderall and stomach noise
- Is chills a side effect of vimovo?
- Addison's disease ans ebv
- Yellow colored stool after taking probiotic
- Is chills a side effect of requip?
- Noticed green colored stool is this normal
- Stool softners change stool color
- Is rash a side effect of sporanox?