Colonoscopy, sissel polyp, bleeding, constipation

I'm a 50 yr old male. I had a colonoscopy on 3/21 and a 5mm sissel polyp was removed. The lab work reported the polyb was benign.

Morning of 3/31 I had BM with bright red blood.

This morning I had another, less firm and more blood.

4:00PM today another BM, loose and looks to be mostly bright red. Though some darker parts.

Feeling a small amount of lower GI discomfort now too.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 7 hours later

You have not given the reason why you had undergone colonoscopy? Is it because of same reason or something else?

Having blood in stool is not normal. Fresh red blood suggests that it coming from lower part of intestine.There could be some ulcer in lower part or something called has hemorrhoids.

In the later case you may have some constipation and pain while passing stool and straining in passing stool. Bleeding from ulcer could be pain less.

I suggest you should visit your doctor and get your self examined for the cause of this.
In mean time take light diet and more of fluids like juices etc. Avoid constipation and take rest.
Please also see that if you are taking any other medicines like aspirin for blood thinning.

Do not take too long to visit your doctor as loss of blood will leads weakness because of fall in your hemoglobin level. so take care and visit a doctor.

If something more you want to from my side please write again I am glad to reply.