Colonoscopy showed piece of the villious in colon. Getting pain in groin area. What could this be?

Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
I had a tubulvillious removged from my colon in march of this year,was almost thrugh the wall and a bleeder, just recently had another colonoscopy and a piece of the villious was still there,it was removed. now I have pain generating from the groin along the waste to the lower back/with lumps along this path. what could this be?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Colon Cancer

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are most likely caused by fistula between urinary bladder and large intestine. If you do suffer also from frequent urinating or burning when urinating, uti is very possible. It is advisable for you to have fool blood work and urine analysis as well as abdominal ultrasound. Urine bacterial culture test should be done as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.

Follow-up: Colonoscopy showed piece of the villious in colon. Getting pain in groin area. What could this be? 55 minutes later
The villious was penetrating the ascending colon, it was the cause of all my bleeding,and the lumps feel like swollen lymp nodes

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 hours later
Hello!

Well, it doesn`t change anything. Still the most probable is lymph nodes throughout abdominal wall.
If your pain is located on the left side, this can be diverticulitis as well. In this area it is possible to palpate sigmoid colon filled with stool what can be similar to lumps.
If so, you should have also CBC (complete blood count) and CRP level checked to see if there is an inflammation. If yes, antibiotics should be prescribed by your doctor.
Moreover, if your diverticulitis appeared more than once, you should visit a surgeon as in such cases surgery might be necessary.

Regards.