Colonoscopy showed mass in proximal transverse colon. Going to have CT scan. History of psoriasis, psoriatric arthritis

I am 54 y/o female with a recent colonoscopy that showed a "mass" in proximal transverse colon 2/3 circumfrence. Mass looked sort of flat and erythematous. GI doc thought it was early colon cancer. Path negative. Doc now wants me to have an Abd/Pelvic CT scan. Any ideas of what could be causing this lesion? Outside the gut? Medical history: psoriasis, psoriatric arthritis and intermittent blood in stool (related to NSAID use?).
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get repeat colonoscopy and biopsy

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Mass in colon may be cancer (Benign or malignant), tubercular mass, polyp, or may be due to crohn's disease. I will advise you to get a repeat colonoscopy examination and biopsy to confirm that. Repeat biopsy is must to know the nature of that mass, CT will only tell about the mass and may be its extent but biopsy again is required. Biopsy may be negative once nothing strange about it

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.