Colon cancer surgery done. Noticed erectile dysfunction. Is this common?

Jul 2016

I have had colon cancer surgery, chemo and radiation. I have been clear now for three years. Since the surgery, I have lost the ability to acheive and/or maintain a seful erection. Is this common? Is there any safe treatment or cure?
Posted Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Inability to have an erection is common as there may be damage to the nerves responsible for erection during surgery or the nerves may be damaged due to post radiation neuritis ( due to the effects of radiation on the nerves) .
We will need to confirm the cause after a thorugh evaluation with your surgeon. The appropriate treatment can then be started.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any more questions