Colon cancer, colectomy, colonoscopy, bubble like cluster, MoviPrep. Suggestion?

A year ago I had or was about to have first stage colon cancer. A colectomy was done and everything went OK. Recently I had a colonoscopy in part to review the procedure and while everything appeared satisfactory the surgeon did find about 50mm from the previous procedure in the descending colon a series of small bubble like cluster perhaps 25mm in length. A sample has been sent to the pathologist. However the surgeon said he has never seen this condition before and could offer me no explanation, treatment or cure. My research indicates these bubbles may be a reaction to MoviPrep, a bowel cleaner/prep. While I may have a mild case I can find nothing more on the cause, seriousness or cure. My surgeon and I would appreciate your advise. Thank you
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The small bubbles that your surgeon has noticed on colonoscopy can best be diagnosed by a biopsy which is already under investigation. Sometimes it is difficult to comment on these things without having a look at it or actually examining it. Still my best guesses would be-
1. multiple small polyps- most probable.
2. Necrotising enterocolitis or a localised area of necrosis due to the damage caused by any external stimulus or autoimmune.
3. Diverticulosis.
4. Due to allergy to any food item like gluten.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.