Cold with a heavy chest cough, sharp right upper thoracic pains. Advice ?

I have a cold with a heavy chest cough and am having very sharp pains in my right upper thoracic area
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rudramani Swami 3 hours later

Thanks for your query

1. If you are having cold from more than few days and if it is also associated with expectoration then one should worry about super added bacterial infection.In fact viral infection related cough may remain for long time even without super added bacterial infection and may subside after few days with antihistaminics,cough syrup except in few cases we have to take short time steroids if cough is persistent.

2.If you right sided sharp,cutting nature of chest pain and if it worsens with XXXXXXX inspiration then we should suspect pleuritis and also it radiates to right shoulder,which may be earlier stage of pneumonia.

If you XXXXXXX a physician now it is easily treatable.

I hope i have answered your query,i will be available for further queries if any.