Cold upper body, warm lower extremities, joint pain, feel cold, hand pain

I am a male and my upper body suffers from being very cold while my lower extremities are warm. I feel very cold & my hands & Joint ache.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Feeling cold in the upper body with warm lower extremities is due to the difference in the peripheral blood circulation. It is the XXXXXXX body temperature which matters the most rather than the skin temperature.
Right now your symptoms can mainly be attributed to the physical weakness you must have been having due to an old age and the prostatic cancer you already have.
The generalised body aches can be helped by taking a mild pain killer and an immune booster like XXXXXXX tea or echinacea which is freely available at all the supermarkets.
You need to concentrate on a healthy lifestyle, high vitamin C supplements, moderate exercise regimen and a good night's sleep.
If your symptoms do not subside in 3-4 weeks then you can consult your primary physician to rule out the organic causes behind your symptoms.

Hope my answer is adequate. Please get back if you have any follow up queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.