Cold sweat on back, legs and vomiting. Had congestive heart failure, bladder cancer and both knees replaced. Why the symptoms?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My husband breaks out in a cold sweat on his back, legs get so wobbly he can't walk and vomits. These attacks come on suddenly. Usually it lasts until after he takes a nap but this time has lasted two days. He has congestive heart failure, bladder cancer, and has had both knees replaced. Is on heart medications and breathing medications. Symbicort for one. Had a light stroke three years ago and is on a prescription aspirin twice a day for that. Doctor has suggested Vertigo but he is not always dizzy when he has these spells.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms of your husband are suggestive of vertigo. Other possible causes can be an underactive thyroid gland, a recent history of infections, weakness due to bladder cancer chemotherapy, anemia, hypoglycemic spells, etc.
Some simple blood tests and physical examination will help in confirming or ruling out the causes. You can plan the tests under the guidance of his physician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.