Cold hands and feet,abdominal gas,dehydration,urinary infection,fatigue,normal blood test

Hi I'm 35 years old , 1.75 cm and weight 82 kgs .I don't have any medical history but recently I feel cold (Cold hands and feet ) and always have gas in my abdomin in the mornings . I always feel that I get dehydrated so quickly and as soon as I drink water I need to pee. I also feel that I don't have as much energy as I used to have before. .My hands and feet get warm in the evenings and I feel better.I went to the doctor , had a blood test but the results looked fine.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Your symptoms are suggestive of a thyroid hormone deficiency. If you have got it checked and the blood test came back normal then the cause might be a generalised viral syndrome.
Such viral infections usually subside in 2-3 weeks with good vitamin C supplementation and maintaining good nutrition with soft and easy to digest food.
If your symptoms do not subside then I recommend you make an appointment for a thorough consultation and examination by a general physician who may consider checking some blood tests to rule out any metabolic factors in your case. Let me reassure you that a good physician will be able to help you get to the bottom of this and then implement some solutions.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Cold hands and feet,abdominal gas,dehydration,urinary infection,fatigue,normal blood test 51 minutes later
I had the thyroid hormone tests 2 months ago and they came fine.
I feel that whatever I eat is not well absorbed by my body .Could that be IBS or because the weather is so cold these days I feel this way ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

If your thyroid hormone levels are normal then it is more likely to be a cold weather or mild viral infection.

In IBS, alternate diarrhea and constipation are more common associated with pain abdomen.
Usually frequent passage of stools is seen after every meal.

For proper digestion, eat papaya(contains an enzyme called papain), XXXXXXX cider vinegar, an ounce of almonds, etc. will help.

Pineapple juice, lemon juice, ginger juice, grapes, etc may be taken after every meal for relief.

Otherwise take antacids and digestive enzymes on regular basis for relief.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.