Cold feeling and numbness in tongue when exercising. What would this be from?

Hi, I notice sometimes - not all the time when i am exercising that my tongue gets a cold feeling & a little bit numb - what would this be from
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 3 hours later

If your mouth becomes too dry during exercise due to dehydration or mouth breathing you may experience a cold feeling & a little bit numbness in your tongue.

Other causes could be: electrolytes imbalance, exposure to irritants and allergens (pollen in the air, air pollution or smoke when you exercise), oral habits (grinding your teeth when you exercise or clenching your jaw), psychological causes (excessive worries about your health, depression or anxiety).

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD