Cold, fatigue, nasal congestion and painful swollen glands behind the ear. On medication for kidney infection. Symptoms due to infection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello. I am currently taking medication for a kidney infection but have also developed what seems to be a bad cold--chills, aches, fatigue, sinus congestion and painful swollen glands below my ear. Is this part of the kidney infection?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The swollen glands under your ear with cold and sinus congestion are not likely to be a part of kidney infection. The chills, body aches and fatigue might be a result of a kidney infection which are likely to subside once the infection is over.
For cold and sinus congestion, you need steam inhalation, oral anti histaminics and steroid sprays or nasal decongestant drops. Antibiotics are also needed for severe infection in the nasal sinuses.
You need to consult your ENT surgeon to get all these medicines prescribed.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.