Cold, cough, shivering, unable to breath. Was administered oxygen. ECG came fine. Advise

Pulmonologist
Question
Dear Doctor,
I hope this finds you well.
Please advise me regarding my case , two days ago I could not breath and i went to the hospital the doctor gave me oxygen my blood presure was 130/88 , it was almost for 2 hourse , I felt also cold and i was shaking and day after I have x XXXXXXX ( please find the attachment ) I have cough from time to time usualy early morning time while sleeping and my ECG is fine ..... please advice. Thanks in advance

XXXXXX
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 1 hour later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have had a short episode of breathlessness and also have cough.

2. Your xray findings are suggestive of bilateral prominent broncho vascyular markings.

3. Do you snore during sleep? What is your height and weight? If you have disturbed sleep/ snoring during sleep / unrefreshing sleep then probably a sleep study may be required in you to rule out Obstructive sleep apnea.

4. You need to visit a Pulmonologist and get yourself evaluated to rule out obstructive airway disease. Investigations that are requires at this time are PFT (spirometry) and serum IgE levels.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Cold, cough, shivering, unable to breath. Was administered oxygen. ECG came fine. Advise 21 minutes later
Thanks alot Dr. Gyanshankar XXXXXXX for your answer,
Yes sometimes I snore during sleep .
My height is 171 Cm and my weight is 101Kg .
Most of the time I can not sleep well.

the radiologist told me maybe I am suffer from chronic inflammation or chronic allergy and there is any treatment for my case .

a Pulmonologist after review my x XXXXXXX and after PFT told me i DO NOT HAVE ANY THING AT ALL.

Please help my since i am in confusion and worried.
Thanks alot.

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 9 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up. After going through your follow up info, I would like to comment the following:

1. Your Body mass Index is 34.5 which signifies that you are obese and hence considering your snoring history, there is a possibility of you suffering from obstructive sleep apnea or obesity hypoventilation syndrome. A sleep study needs to be done. Also ABG(pulmonary function test is normal, obstructive air way disease is not a possibility

3. It is suggested herewith that you should get yourself re evaluated with Pulmonologists if your symptoms persist or you could also visit a sleep physician.

4. Also a stress exercise testing / stress echo would rule out any underlying cardiac problems.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Cold, cough, shivering, unable to breath. Was administered oxygen. ECG came fine. Advise 12 hours later
Hi Dr.

I hope you are doing well .

the symptoms still persist, I will visit other Pulmonologists
to re evaluated and to use your suggested tests and I will let you know .
but if pulmonary function test is normal what about accentuation of the basal bronchovascular markings shown in my x XXXXXXX . is it will be all my life like that without recovery or treatment ands it could be in normal person lungs. please advice.
Thanks and regards
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later

1. The attenuated bronchovascular markings are bilateral and in the lower zones. Sometimes in obese female patients we do get such shadows due to overlap of mamary shadows.

2. Its nice that you will be visiting a Pulmonologist.

3. Also please join a weight management programme.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist