Cold and sore stomach, lower back, urinating painful, red lumps on vagina. Reason?

Suffering from coldness and soreness in stomach and lower back. It hurts to pee, and have only peed twice today. Red lumps on vagina and soreness. Been in pain for three days.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 50 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

From the information you have provided it sounds like there may be a couple of things going on. First of all with the pain that you described in your low back as well as the urinary symptoms which you have provided I believe you may be suffering from a bladder infection. Bladder infections are very common and typical symptoms do include backpain as well as frequent urination as well as sometimes it difficulty with burning along with urination. On occasion sometimes patience me see a little bit of blood in the urine as well.

immune system can overcome the infection without antibiotics but when the symptoms develop such as those which you have described an antibiotic is generally indicated. This can be obtained from your lumps within the vagina are possibly related to something else. If you have any risk factors for a sexually transmitted infection I recommend that you seek screening from your primary care provider. A simple screening test can help us rule out some of the sexually transmitted infections which are very treatable.

Another possibility is that the lumps within the vagina could be related to a bacterial infection. Again. Antibiotics are generally indicated to help resolve this.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you have found my response to be both helpful and adequate. If you have additional concerns regarding this primary question I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert.