Ask a Homeopath   »  

Cold and running nose, throat pain, bad bronchitis. Had acetilcisteina. Still have fever. Why?

Hello , sorry for my english I am french , i have a bad cold running nose , little hurt throat ,but bad bronchite with a bad and heavy caugh that hurt and i cannot spit , when I breath i hear the wind in my chess , i took sirup , acetilcisteina 200g powder to make me spit ( but nothing )since yesterday , i have little fever 38°c ,what can I do to get my bronchite off its been now 5 days .Thank you
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
From your history it seems that you are having chronic bronchitis. Wheezing and impacted phelgem need systemic antibiotics to deal with the infection you are having in your airways. You will have to consult your physician to get the best antibiotic and brochodilators prescribed for you. Steroids- both oral and inhalers might be needed for symptomatic relief.
However the best treatment for impacted mucus is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the buildup of mucus in your nose. You may also find that adding some menthol crystals, or eucalyptus oil, to the water helps a lot. Other than that, avoid eating indigestible, spicy, foods and meats and eat simple wholesome foods. Out-of-door exercise, sunbaths also help a lot.
However symptomatic relief for the present episode may be found on taking apropriate prescription drugs like
1.Antiinflammatory analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen .
2.Anti histaminics like levocetrizine or chlorpheniramine available as over the counter cough cold medications.
3.Bronchodilator and mucolytic medications containing salbutamol and ambroxol which will help in easy breathing.Nose drops containing oxymetazoline may help if the nasal congestion is the cause of difficult breathing.

Please remember that if these symptoms persist for more than a week despite symptomatic treatment then you might be having a bacterial infection which will need a course of antibiotics like azithromycin or cefixime used in prescription doses for upper respiratory infections.
So in such case its best to consult your physician to avoid complications.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.