Coccyx pain, itchy, colonoscopy fine. Weight loss, High level of lead in system. What should I do now?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been having coccyx pain now for about a year, but its gotten worse lately. The last couple of days, its been itchy around it. Last week I had a colonoscopy and everything was fine. But since Thanksgiving, I have lost 25 pounds or 10% of my body weight. I have cut down on fats, fastfoods, and sugars during this time, but it came off real fast. All blood tests are fine also. I did discover a very high level of lead in my system, otherwise all other metals were normal or low. What should I do now?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later

From your history, a sudden weight loss that you had is likely to be due to the dietary restrictions that you have followed. The pain in the coccyx is not likely to cause the weight loss.

A high level of lead in your system can cause gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea and pain abdomen. Still to rule out any serious pathology, it is best to consult your physician for a detailed examination and investigations.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.