Cocaine use, congestion, dry nose, antihistamine drugs. Cryotherapy useful ?

On 4 of April I took cocaine or sth like this in a club( I am not addict or even casual taker). I visited laryngologist recently ( one week ago) bacause of lasting congestion and DRY nose. I did not realize it could be from drug abuse but rather thought it is allergy inflamation or bacteria or some rhtinitis problem. I could not breathe normaly through nose so I went to laryngologist. I did not suggest anything to the doctor.

He gave me antihistamine drugs. and I was done with nasal criotherapy to get rid of inflamation and bigger turbinates. I asked about my mucosa and he said it doesn't look bad ... Do you think that criotherapy could be helpful in my case?? or at least not harmful?

The Method of Regenerative Cryotherapy for the Treatment of Chronic Rhinitis of Vasomotor or Atrophic Origin
The administration of cryotherapy to the nasal mucosa activates the regenerative processes and triggers a cyclic reaction lasting for 4 to 6 weeks.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Inhaling cocaine causes atrophy of the nasal mucosa resulting in decreased normal mucosal secretions which cause a dry nose.

Normally in such cases normal saline nasal drops and petroleum jelly is enough to counteract this dryness.

In your case, due to the misdiagnosis in the absence of proper history, cryotherapy was done. It does reduce the congestion due to inflamed mucosa of the nose but is not likely to help in the nose dryness. On the contrary it is likely to produce more dryness of the nose due to reduced secretions.
The good thing is the nasal mucosa tends to regenerate after 4-6 weeks when your nasal secretions might come back to normal.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.