Clusters of skin, colored bumps on arms and inner thighs between genitals and knees that are itchy. What could it be?

I have taken an HIV test and was negative and do not have herpes but I do have clusters of skin colored bumps appearing on my arms and inner thigh in the middle between my genitals and knees they itch but not much until night. What could this be ?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 36 minutes later
From the description it seems you might be scabies.
Scabies is a mite infestation characterised by skin colored bumps over web spaces of fingers, wrist, forearm, arm, chest, peri umbilical area,inner thighs and genitalia. The lesions are extremely itchy, more so in night.
Treatment requires single time overnight application of 5 percent permethrin cream along with oral antihistamines.
The diagnosis suggested is based on the description provided. I would be in a better position to help if you could upload an image of your lesions.
Hope that helped.
Follow-up: Clusters of skin, colored bumps on arms and inner thighs between genitals and knees that are itchy. What could it be? 32 minutes later
I uploaded the pictures I have been staying in hotels for several months for my job but nobody else is having these problems not even my roommates I've had
So is that all I get for 15 bucks u said 24/7 answers yet in 12 hours now I've only got one answer are you going to answer my questions or am I getting my money back
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 9 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I have gone through the images attached and I would advise that you take a treatment for scabies.
Sometimes staying in hospitals and hotels can lead to scabies infestation.
Another possibility that should be ruled out is urticaria. It is characterised by itchy red raised bumps but these are transient and disappear only to reappear at some other body area. So if your bumps are persistent, a single overnight application of 5 percent permethrin cream would help. Also take tablet cetirizine for few days and apply mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone cream over the lesions.

If the lesions are transient then in that case oral cetirizine intake for few days would help.

Hope that answered your query.

PS we as doctors try to answer your questions as early as possible but sometimes delay can occur due to prior professional commitments and as promised we answer all queries of a particular patient in 24 hours.