Cluster of raised brown spots on nipple, resembles moles, no bleeding or itching

I am a 56 yr old male and I've recently noticed a cluster of raised brown spots on my left nipple resembling moles. No bleeding or itching.
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
I have seen the photograph, most likely these are papillomatous warts but it would be worthwhile to get them biopsied for histopathological examination to rule out malignancy first.
Salicylic acid preparations for topical application are effective and a few are available OTC like- Occlusal HP, Duoplant, Compound W, Duofilm, Wart-off,Wart-peel, Virasal to name a few. Please apply them twice a day for 10 days.
If there are still the lesions then you may need liquid nitrogen cryotherapy ablation of the lesions by your dermatologist.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Cluster of raised brown spots on nipple, resembles moles, no bleeding or itching 16 hours later
Thank you Dr. for your reply. Would you then suggest I try the OTC treatments first and if the lesions are still present, then see a dermatologist? If so, I will begin the anti-wart therapy immediately. I would think, and please tell me if this is correct, that if the OTC treatment is successful in allieviating these warts, then I need not be concerned about a possible malignancy?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 38 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, you got me right. Please try these OTC medications for 10 days. If the lesions subside by 50%, then you may continue the treatment until full recovery.

If the lesions do not improve, then please consider consulting a Dermatologist.

In my clinical practice, I have seen that mostly people recover with this treatment without any complications. I am sure you will recover too.

There is no need to be worried about malignancy now.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.