Cluster of lumps on tailbone, uncomfortable. Have an indention and had two c-sections. Related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a cluster of lumps on my tailbone underneath the skin. They arent visible and dont move. They feel like they are part of the bone as if the bone has become deformed somehow. They arent painful, but if I've been sitting for awhile they become uncomfortable. I also have an indention in the skin on my left upper buttock and I dont know if its related or not. I have had two children and didnt notice until after my second child. Both my children were c-sections. Both 6lb and Im 4'9 and my usual weight is 85lb, but during pregnancy I got up to 120. What could be causing this and do I need to be worried?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
The cluster of bumps that you have noticed on the tail bone could be due to sebaceous cysts, pilonidal cysts, lipomas, small fibromas, etc.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the only sure way to diagnose the condition.
Pain in the area indicates local inflammation which might need systemic antibiotics for treatment.
Indentation of the skin on the buttock is not likely to be related to the cluster of lumps that you are having. I advise you consult your physician for its proper treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.