Ask a Urologist   »  

Cloudy urine with foul smell. Taking duromine and vitamin D tablets

my urine is cloudy and has a very bad strange odour, but i have no pain or other symptoms.

I dont drink a lot of water and it also started the day after i had sex. (safe sex)

I am also currently taking duromine 30 tablets and vitamin d my general health is great and i have no other XXXXXXX issues.
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 46 minutes later

There are many causes of cloudy urine ranging from harmless to more serious ones.

1. Lack of proper hydration can cause concentrated urine which can appear cloudy with strong odour. Since you've not been drinking well, you probably may be urinating concentrated urine. Drinking plenty of water and fluids should solve the problem.

2. During sex, if there was mild trauma to the urethra and minimal blood mixed with urine might have given rise to the cloudy appearance.

3. symptoms such as burning micturition, increased frequency of micturition, fever, nausea / vomiting, lower abdominal pain / loin(back pain) pain yet, I would suggest you to monitor the progress of the condition.

I would like to know if you have any of these symptoms - Any past history of renal stones / diabetes etc. Any history of excessive vaginal discharge?
I would also like to know if the cloudy urine happened just once or rather how many times did you pass cloudy urine.

A simple urine routine and microscopy test will differentiate among the aforementioned possibility. I would suggest you to get this done, if the problem persists. Meanwhile drink plenty of fluid; follow good perineal hygiene; periodic emptying of bladder at regular intervals and abstain from having sex the next couple of days.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health.