Ask a Urologist   »  

Cloudy and gray urine with grayish discharge, abdominal bloating, recently had UTI treatment. Cause?

i have recently been treated for a uti infection. Now my urine is gray and cloudy and a grayish discharge.also i have excessive bloating in the abdominal area. what is causing this?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Cloudy urine with abdominal bloating sensation is a sign of UTI). In view of the fact that you also have a greyish discharge, it could be a sign of pyuria, or a high white blood cell count in the urine, and is a very reliable indicator of urinary bladder infection (Cystitis), but this doesn’t mean you should immediately assume the worst, kindly don't get startled.

I would like you to make a note of the number of times you pass cloudy urine along with sharp pain and/or bloody urine with strong smell. Be wary of signs and symptoms like, increased urge to urinate at night, chills with persistent fever, nausea and vomiting.

Visit your Doctor, who shall do a detailed physical assessment and propose few tests to uphold his/her clinical findings. Once confirmed, your treatment plan will be devised with Antibiotics. Schedule regular follow-up visits to your Doctor.

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.