Closed cervix and no funneling during pregnancy. Suggestion?

Hello doctor, I m 28 yrs old and I m currently 17 weeks 2 days pregnant. My cervix length was 4.7 at 13 weeks 2 days and at 17 weeks 2 days it is 3.3 but cervix is closed and no funneling. Should I be worried ? This is my first pregnancy and I worry about IC all the time.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

If there is no funneling there is no need to worry.

You can take micronised progesterone which come in the form of capsules which will prevent any premature rupture of membranes and abortion.

The drug is to be taken under your doctor's guidance and prescription.

Isoxsuprine hydrochoride can also be taken so as to relax the uterus and prevent miscarriage, after consulting and discussing with your treating obstetrician.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further query is most welcome.

Wishing you safe pregnancy.