Clogged pores resulting painless pimples / nodules in labia minora, no STDs. What should i do?

How to rid labia minora of clogged pores? These clogged pores are resulting in little painless pimples or nodules that wont go away. I have no STD's. Im just tired of the way these little pimple like things have my lady parts looking. & I don't know what 2 do
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your history implies to a condition called Sebaceous or Epidermoid Cysts which are small bumps that develop beneath the skin which has sebaceous glands. They rarely occur in genital area and are slow-growing and often painless. They seldom cause problems or need treatment.

Most of the cysts aren't harmful, and are addressed for cosmetic reasons, if they grow rapidly, rupture, become painful or if occur in a spot that is constantly irritated such as in your case.

You can converse with your Gynecologist and get his/her opinion. Your doctor may refer you to a dermatologist for further treatment which might involves incision and drainage (I&D) or total excision.

Till then, do not try to squeeze them yourself. Keep the area dry and clean and change your undergarments regularly.

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.