Clitoris burns after sex. Frequent urination after sex. No smell or discharge. What could be the cause?

Question
After having sex my clitoris burns. It burns for about 30 minutes. I pee frequently after sex as well. Nothing else hurts. No smell, discharge. What could be the cause? My pee does not burn either.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 23 minutes later

You seem to be having honeymoon cystitis or lower actually a form of urethritis.Abstain from intercourse for a few days,take plenty of fluids and take some OTC analgesics like ibuprofen or diclofenac.

Also take pyridium for 2-3 days(it stains the urine orange) and sit in warm non soapy water.Also consult a doctor for antibiotics prescription if the symptoms persist.In future also,urinate immediately after intercourse to flush out the bacteria and ask your partner to indulge in plenty of foreplay or use lubricant jellies.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.