Clear, white bump on cheek. What could it be?

I have a clear white bump on the top left side of my cheek. What could that be
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
I have a couple of questions:

1. When you say your "cheek", do you mean your mouth?
2. Does it hurt?
3. When did it appear?

Please answer and I would be happy to help!!

Follow-up: Clear, white bump on cheek. What could it be? 3 hours later
Yes in my mouth on the top left, near my wisdom teeth.
It has appeared a few times already but it has appeared on the bottom right of my cheek (in my mouth).
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
There is such an extensive variety of oral lesions. Based on a white bump that is also near your wisdom teeth, two possibilities might include:

1. Hand-foot-and mouth disease - caused by Cocksackie virus, usually there are white lesions with a surrounding red base. This is a viral infection that will run its course.

2. Contact irritation - could occur if you have teeth or biting that may cause some irritation of the gum

These are two ideas that might help. If you can describe them in greater detail, perhaps I can help further. This is almost certainly NOT an STD.

I hope this helps! - Dr. Tim
Follow-up: Clear, white bump on cheek. What could it be? 12 hours later
Well they don't have a red bad around it so I can highly dout it's the first one.
The second one I don't understand completely. Do you mean while I am chewing and my teeth chew on my cheeks for a quick second by mistake?

And all I can really say it does irritate me when It does pop up for the day. It doesn't last more than a whole day. This is probable they third time it pops up in my mouth
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 10 hours later
With regard to the second one, that is exactly what I mean - it is related to rubbing against a tooth or accidentally biting the inside of your mouth.

Given the extremely short duration of one day, I cannot imagine that this is problem is an infection. If you could send a picture, maybe I could help you further.