Ask a Urologist   »  

Clear sticky discharge from penis with burning on urination. Causes?

i'm 20 years old and i haven't had sex in about 3 weeks or so and i have a clear sticky liquid coming out of my penis. i have no clue what it could be it doesn't hurt when i urinate it just kinda burns for a split second then stops and that is only occasionally.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 49 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query.
A clear sticky fluid from the penis along with burning sensation in urine could be due to some infection
The reasons for infection or urethritis could be
Gonorrheal urethritis- This is a sexually transmitted infection.
Non specific urethritis- This is generally caused by infection due to Chalmydia.
A microscopic examination of the discharge is required to distinguish between these 2 entities.

Treatment of these conditions requires antibiotics like azithromycin or doxycycline. Further an accurate diagnosis needs to be made before treatment can be started. I would suggest that you consult your physician and get yourself evaluated so that proper treatment can be started.

I hope to have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups.
Thanks and good luck.