Clear or milky discharge, taking Cipro for chlamydia. Is this the right treatment?

29 year old male. Working in Iraq. Infected by cheating ex girlfriend before trip. Diagnosed with chlamydia. Initial treatment was for chlamydia and gonorrhea. 4 red pills and a shot (1st doc is gone. not sure of the drug names)... symptoms lessened to a drop of discharge noticed in the morning and slight in evening. 7 days after treatment saw new Doc. Now on 14 day cycle of cirpo, 2 pills a day. 1week into cycle. Symptoms same. Drop of clear or milky discharge noticed in morning and sometimes evening..... Is this the right treatment? Getting worried it is not working.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 23 hours later
I went through your history. You seem to have non gonoccal uretheritis due to chlymidia infection.
The recommended doses are
1. Azithromycin 1gm single dose
2. Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for ~7 days
3. Erythromycin 500mg four times a day for 7 days
4.ofloxacin 300 mg twice a day for 7 days
You may have to check your early morning urine for pus cells. If it is more than ten it means persistent infection. Sometimes few drops of white discharge may be due to mixing of seminal fluid itself.
If you still have infection it is associated with burning micturition
Hope I addressed your points
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Clear or milky discharge, taking Cipro for chlamydia. Is this the right treatment? 16 minutes later
Thank you for your reply.
Can I use any of these drugs in conjunction with my current cycle of cypro? Should I stop my current treatment and start up a cycle with one that you recommended? Or finish my cypro cycle then start a cycle with one of your recommendations?
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 20 hours later
Ofox and cipro belongs to same group
I suggest you may take additionally one single dose of azithro and test your morning urine after two days
Good day
Prasad pvs