Clear lungs, mild bronchovascular distortion, fibrosis

My chest x-rays ready: The lungs are essentially clear. The mild bronchovascular distortion noted in the right upper zone can be seen on a previous film from 2006 and is most likely a spot of fibrosis. There is no consolidation, There are no significant nodules. The costophrenic angles are clear. There CTR is within normal limites. The remainder is unremarkable.

Should i be concerned with the spot of fibrosis and what should i be doing so it does not progress
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for consulting me,

Need not worry , The fibrosis do not indicate of any active infection in present could be attributed to smoking or any kind of LRTI ( lower Aerobic exercises would be the best remedy to reverse the effects of fibrosis.Also get a repeat Xray after every 6 months to see whether there are any changes in the findings like resolution ( fibrosis confirmed ) or flaring up ( impending serious illness).

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.