Clear fluid gushing from vaginal area. What might this be?

Oncologist
Question
I returned from Japan 1 week ago. I am now experiencing gushes of clear fluid discharge from vaginal area. I even feel it running down my leg while standing at times. It does not seem to have an order..more like water coming out of me. I am 47. Please advise Thank you
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible causes Detailed Answer: thank you for the question. One possible consideration is bacterial vaginosis but this does typically have somewhat of an older associated with it. At this time I think you are obligated to see your primary care physician for comprehensive testing and evaluation. Another possible contribute factor would be trichomoniasis. This can be managed with antibiotics. Lastly we must rule out the possibility of pregnancy. Let me know what your thoughts and considerations are and we can continue to discuss this but I do think you need to see her doctor within the next day or so for a comprehensive evaluation. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga