Clear discharge from penis, climax less powerful, has slight pain or twinge. Why is this happening?

I'm a 45 year old male. I started experiencing a clear discharge from my penis when pooping about a year ago. It is more like it is leaking out. It also can be urine. It is consistent not just once in a while. When I poop in the morning it happens. I only go once a day normally. Also I notice that when climaxing after sex with my wife that the climax is alot less powerful than it use to be. Being 45 I thought this may be normal. My sex drive is also way down. I used to want sex 3-4 times a week. Now 3-4 times a month is fine. Also occasionally my penis has a slight twinge or pain to it. I'm concerned this is could be something serious. Is this just a normal thing at age 45 to experience this or should I be worried. I'm going to a doctor for a physical in two weeks. I had a physical 2 years ago and nothing was wrong except being about 15 lbs overweight and a borderline high cholestorol level. I'm hoping you can put my mind at ease. Thanks
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 4 hours later

As far as the clean discharge from the penis is concerned it is nothing more than urine that you pass out when you exert to pass stools. Hence, you should not be worried about it.

Decrease in sexual drive is possible at the age of 45. As women experience menopause same way men experience the phenomenon of andropause. It is characterized by decreased libido as well generalized fatigue. You need to see your physician and also get serum testosterone levels to rule out andropause.

All your symptoms are nothing alarming, stay reassured and go for your medical checkup after 2 weeks.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.