Clear discharge from belly button, odor, sleepless.

My belly button has a clear liquid with a slight odor often after eating. My bladder feels connected to my navel by a string that is being uncomfortably pulled and have trouble sleeping on my left when experiencing this problem. My right side feels as though it has a catch and my back hurts. I am not overweight in fact I am considerably underweight due to a medication I take for seizures.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question.

My immediate reaction, on reading through your question, was that these symptoms are not connected and do not represent a single entity disease.

An odorous discharge from your umbilicus is almost certainly a pseudomonas infection. Get something like Fucidin H ointment and this will look after this.

As to your other symptoms -- bladder being pulled, back pain etc. I fell that theses are unconnected and may need some investigating in their own right. I would start with an X-ray of your LS spine and urinalysis. I think that you will be fine.

Good health!