Clear balls of pus in stools. What are they?

i have little clear balls of puss in my stools, what are they, they look like sesame seeds
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The small sesame seed like substances in your stool could be due to some dietary substance you have consumed or some medicine shells like capsules or ova of the worms.
I would suggest that a stool examination be done so that we know the cause. This will help us start the right treatment depending upon the cause.
If its worms, you would need antibiotics and if its mucus balls, then it could be normal or due to an intestinal infection.
The test will help diagnose the problem as well as reduce your apprehensions.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.