Cleaned ears with diluted and spraying warn water. The outside layer was sticky but inside solid. Should I see the doctor?

Cleaned my ear with diluted and spraying warn water and hard black chunk or wax bigger than a pea with grey spots came out of my ear. The outside layer was sticky but inside solid like rock. I feel more in there and the peroxide takes get under and fill my ear. Is there something wrong i should get checked out or keep doing what im doing?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
peroxide should not be used

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

The consistency and nature of the mass that has come out suggests thay it is a wax clump. The grey dots may be an add on fungal growth. Best way to cnfirm this is to handover the mass to a microbiologist who can examine it properly.

Basically whay you are trying to do is syringing. Its a medical process and is done with utmost care feating trauma to the ear drum, tympanic membrane (TM).
Peroxide should never be used inside ear as it can damage your TM and that has loads of complications. You should see a dctor specialist of ENT in your area who can do syringing for you. But please keep away from peroxides. I hav seen plenty of patients damaging their TM with peroxide.
The other possibilitynis putting drops called waxonil. It liquifies the wax whch comes out by self.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Cleaned ears with diluted and spraying warn water. The outside layer was sticky but inside solid. Should I see the doctor? 3 minutes later
Should i be concerned about the size or consistancy or just be hapoy its out and i can hear again. Ill avoid peoxide from now on thank you.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
No there is no need to worry about the size or consistency. Dry wax can be this large and hard. Moreover it swells when you put water.
Just avoid peroxide in future.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy