Clavicle appears to be thick and shifting. Is this related to blood vessel?

General Surgeon
The top part of my right clavicle seems to be thickening and pushing to the left. The place where the clavicle meets is no longer in the center of the esophagus but is left of center now. My blood vessel?? It is noticeable as I occasionally see someone to whom I'm speaking look at it curiously.
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptom can appear due to many pathological processes including severe lungs disease (severe inflammation can lead to lungs and surrounding tissues fibrosis what gives such uneven chest), spine disease (scoliosis), heart enlargement, tuberculosis.
The best way to verify what exactly is causing it, is chest X-ray or better chest CT.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.