Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcision, penoscrotal webbing

infant circumcision mild penoscrotal webbing
I have a question. My son has mild penoscrotal webbing on his left ventral side from his circumcision. I have seen a urologist who said that he should be fine and we can check him when he is a teenager and that it is pretty common to have mild webbing. My question is, would it help to pull back on the skin in that area a couple of times a day to stretch it and could it help lower the penoscrotal junction? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 2 hours later

Most of the patients with penoscrotal webbing improve as they grow older and nothing needs to be done.

Hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Circumcision, penoscrotal webbing 4 days later
How do you know that the webbing is not related to circumcision? I thought that circumcisions cause webbing if too much shaft skin was removed and he has less shaft skin to the left of his raphe. thanks.
Thanks for writing back.
Circumcision does not cause webbing. It can lead to a shortened penis or angled penis but cannot lead to webbing. In all likelihood, your child had webbing from birth.
In most of children the penis outgrows the scrotum and the webbing disappears. However, if his webbing persists even at puberty then it shall have to be released with Z plasty. Pulling the skin forcibly now shall not help.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.