Circumcised, have red and puffy penile tip, burning urination. STD test results pending. What could be wrong?

Urologist
Question
The tip of my penis is red and puffy, it burns when I pee. I am circumsized. I have done an std test but have not got the results back. What is wrong.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear sir,

It appears that you are having balanitis with results are fine then you need to get yourself further investigated with urine examination and ultrasound KUB.

In the meantime you should drink plenty of fluids and cranberry juice. You can also apply XXXXXXX emollient on the tip of penis to provide relief.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel

Follow-up: Circumcised, have red and puffy penile tip, burning urination. STD test results pending. What could be wrong? 13 hours later
Im still waiting on the test results for STDs. I am Circumsized, do you still think it is balanitis? my eyes have been extremely dry lately I have been drinking as much water as possible.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later
Dear Sir,

Balanitis can happen even with circumcized penis. Red and puffy glans suggest infection of the glans and you should take treatment for the same.

Sincerely

Rajiv Goel