Circular sores on scrotum. Is it a fungal infection?

I've got two little circular wounds on my scrotum. I noticed their presence yesterday and I think they've grown slightly bigger ever since last night. They don't bleed, but they're tender and slightly moist. They're right next to each other and each one is about a few millimeters in diameter. They hurt when touched. The skin around each wound is a little darker than the scrotal skin and a dark line/elongated patch extends downwards from one of these wounds. What could this be? Is it a fungal infection? How do I treat it?

I'm of Indian origin and my scrotal sack is dark. As I have mentioned above, the dark patch associated with the wound is slightly darker than the scrotal skin,

I have clobetasol propionate, neomycin sulphate, and miconazole nitrate cream and I applied some a short while ago to see if it works. I can't visit a doctor till day after tomorrow. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Friction lesions,use soframycin cream.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Moist tender area over scrotum suggest probably friction dermatitis.

Wearing tight clothes,frequent bike riding,constant rubbing over scrotal area can lead to such type of dermatitis.

Other possibility is of irritant contact dermatitis if you have applied any antiseptic liquid like dettol or harsh soap can also lead to such condition.

Do not apply clobetasol containing preparations.This is a steroid and can worsen the condition.

I will advise you to go for plane antiboitic cream like soframycin over the affected area.Apply it two to three times.

Use antifungal powder like candid which will give soothing effect.

Use loose cotton clothes.Keep area dry .

Do not use any harsh soap or hot water for cleaning the area.

Avoid bike riding as far as possible.

Try these measures and if you have no relief then consult your doctor.

I hope this will solve your query.In case of any concerns I will be happy to help you.Take care.