Circular rashes on body after bath, no diarrhea, itching or fever. Is it a virus?

hi - this is my first inquiry of this type online. i have a 32 month old son who seems to have small circular rashes all over his body for the past 2 to 3 weeks. the circular rashes appear to come out more so after a bath, yet remain visually to a lesser extent 24hrs a day. he hasn't had a fever or diarrhea or other symptoms to note. he also doesn't scratch the rashes. we took our son to his pediatric doc last friday and the feedback at that time was he likely has a virus and that it would likely go away after 2 days. i have 2 pictures to provide that were taken after a bath this evening. i can upload if this is an option (my preference for your expert 2nd opinion).

The circular rashes appear:
-     Center of face, from nose to chin
-     Forearms
-     Torso
-     Back
-     Buttocks
-     Thighs (all sides)
-     Lower legs
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later

I have seen photographs provided by you and gone through the history.
At this point, it seems like your son has a viral exanthema ( a viral illness). These are common in childhood and you don’t need to be worried about that. You just need to apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion twice daily. No further treatment would be needed.
As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, please answer the following questions:
a.     Did your son have cough/cold /throat pain?
b.     Do the lesions disappear or they remain as it as?
c.     Is his oral mucosa normal reddish?
d.     Can you provide photos of back /trunk? You can upload the picture using the “Upload your reports” section.
Awaiting your reply
I hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sudarshan