Circular bruise appeared on knee and thigh. What is causing this?

Whate causes of unexplained circular brusing above the knee /thigh area/
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I saw your report attached

The possibility could be due to low platelet count in the blood, reaction to some insect bite etc. If you do not have any other spot and there are no itching, you can just wait and observe as I feel that this wont lead to any serious issue and it may heal. If persists, you can do a platelet count and see. If it persists and new such lesions appear (very unlikely), you may have to go for a biopsy to know what exactly it is.

I want to tell you that a physical examination and it it blanches or not on pressure will give better clue for the diagnosis. If you are very much worried, I suggest you to take a opinion from a skin specialist

Hope this helps
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes