Circular and muscular bruise on stomach with hard center, no pain. No instance of injury. What could have caused this?

I have a large, circular bruise on the left side of my stomach. I have no pain even I press on it. The center is harder and feels like muscular and is lighter in color. I have had no incident of any type. I just noticed it after taking a shower. It has been the same sizrpe and color for about a week now.

What could cause it?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
I am Dr.Ratnakr Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

What you have is an ecchymotic patch which means there is bleeding under your skin. There are umpteen number of causes for this.
You need to undergo few tests including a coagulation profile. Discuss with your doctor about these tests.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions kindly rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini