Chronic sinusitis. Done surgery. Taking allergy shots. Any other treatment?

Rheumatologist
Question
MY ADULT DAUGHTER HAS HAD CHRONIC SINUSITIS FOR ABOUT I5 YEARS. ON ANTIBIOTICS FREQUENTLY. AS MANY AS THREE DIFFERENT KIND INSUCESSION AS FAILS TO RESPONDTO ANTIBIOTICS.HASHADONESINUS SURGERY WITH CLEAN OUT. TAKING ALLERGY SHOTS. ANY OTHER NEW WAYS TO TREAT THESE BOUTS?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would suggest you that you have tried all the available treatments . Surgery for clean up of sinuses is the best bet ever .

I can understand your concern but I will advise you to ask your doctor to take up breathing exercises and practise yoga . Breathing exercises lead to circulation of air in the sinuses thus cleaning them up .

She should also avoid going to damp moist places and avoid wooden areas as it will lead to triggers . Also ask your treating doctor for pneumococcal and H. influenzae vaccination .

Wish your daughter a good health .

Dr. Shruti