Chronic pain, asthama, polycystic ovaries. Do they cause pain? How can I relieve some of this pain?

I am a 20 year old female from the UK I need help with a female problem I am very sore down below and have been for a good 3 months now I have seen my GP on more than one occasion and was told that if it got worst go back which I did on Wednesday this week she was extremely rude to me, she didn't look nor gave me a answer told me this isn't a emergency like I was told to go to the unbooked clinic in the morning. Down below is extremely painful I am discharging heavy it has a unpleasant smell it hurts to wear underwear I am in so much pain I have no idea what to do I feel I can't go back to my GP because I felt I was a burden and she had to get rid of me quickly.
I thought it was thrush but it hurts way to much for that it has also been bleeding HELP!
I also have pain on my right hand side which I normally have but its turning into stabbing pain
I am on a lot of medications which include,
Pregablin 50mg at night,
Dosulepin 75mg at night,
Singulair 10mg at night
Co-codamol 8/500 two tablets during the day,
Naproxen 250mg when required,
Seretide evo inhaler, 2 puffs morning and night,
Ventloin when required
Citizine 10mg one in the morning,
Co-codamol 30/500 at night
nasonex nasal spray two sprays each nostril at night.
I have:
Chronic Pain,
Questioned IBS
I also suffer from facial neurologia
I had a ASD repair when I was 1 year old.
I have Polycystic ovaries (right only) (if possible please could you explain this to me I have had so many people tell me different things) Do they cause pain?
I am not sexual active or have been at all.
Under the care of a Gynecologist
I am running a fever of 103.5 at the moment I have taken my night painkillers early to try and relieve some of the pain but its not helping at all at the moment

Any ideas how I can relieve some of this pain?

Many thanks
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 6 hours later

Your symptoms are suggestive of a condition called pelvic inflammatory disease. This most commonly results from infection of the pelvic organs. You may need culture/microscopy of discharge and an ultrasonography of pelvic region to confirm the diagnosis.

A course of antibiotics along with some other medications should relieve your problems. The fever and pain can be relieved by taking Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily with meals. You would need antibiotics like metronidazole, doxycycline and ceftriaxone. However, I would suggest that you consult a gynaecologist who can examine you thoroughly and prescribe appropriate therapy.

Polycystic ovarian disease is a condition characterised by the formation of multiple cysts in the ovaries. It is the most common cause of infertility in women. Other symptoms include weight gain, acne, excessive facial hair, irregular periods and insulin resistance. Treatment usually involves drugs like metformin, oral contraceptive pills and other medications depending upon the symptoms of the patient and whether she wants to conceive it or not.

Wishing you all the best.

I hope I have answered your query.

Please accept my reply if you no further follow up queries.

Dr Rohit BATRA.

Follow-up: Chronic pain, asthama, polycystic ovaries. Do they cause pain? How can I relieve some of this pain? 9 hours later

I'm nervous as to having exams and swabs done as I never had anything like that If it is a infection and my GP failed to help me on tuesday is it likely long term damage has been done as it has been going on for a while well since September at least,

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Thanks for you followup query.

I understand your nervousness.

The symptoms of yours are pointing strongly to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. This needs proper evaluation and treatment.

PID occurs when genital infection remains untreated/partially treated and keeps on involving pelvic organs. PID may cause complication later if it remains partially treated or untreated.

PID does not mean that a long term damage has been caused. It is treatable.

I again strongly recommend for check up by Gynecologist.

For the time being, you can take antipyretics as suggested to you in my earlier reply.

I hope your query is answered. please accept my reply if you have no more followup queries.

Wish you speedy recovery.

With regards.
Dr Rohit Batra