Chronic kidney disease patient. Undergone bladder augmentation. Taking Prolomet and stamlo. Suitable tablet for BP? Guide?

I am a 60 yrs old Chronic kidney disease patientof Stage4 and earlier I had undergone Bladder augmentation operation in 2009 and since then I am on CIC (clean intermittent catheterisation) I have been taking PROLOMET- XL 50 twice daily ( 9am and 9pm ) for my blood pressure control.,as per nephrologistst's advice .Of late, my BP is not well under control and measured as 180/90, 190/90 and 184/100 on three occassions in the Evening time (around 6 to 7 pm ).Earlier ,I was taking Stamlo- 5mg once daily but discontinud the same as per nephrologist adviceto prevent feet swellingNow, my question is 1) Which is the suitable tablet for my Blood pressure control to a satisfactory level keeping in view my creatine level also ?2) Whether further reduction of salt would be of any help in my case ?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 1 hour later

Your blood pressure are quite high. Target BP for your illness and stage is 130/80. you can continue the medicine you are taking if your heart rate is greater than 60/min. But along with that you need to add other antihypertensives.

choices we have are-

clinidepine - this can be used once a day. it is a calcium channel blocker but does not cause swelling of legs.

After 3 days , if the BP is still higher than the target add the third medicine.

You can go for prazocin extended release starting with a lower dose and then increasing to the maximum. Any dose change should not occur in less than 3 days.

i think with these you would be able to control the blood pressure.

But all this should be done under guidance of your doctor.

i can assure you that 99% of all patients blood pressure can be controlled. only thing is to have patience and repeated doctor visit to escalate the doses.

As far as salt is concerned- you can take less salt as per taste, No added table salt and no salty things.

Hope this helps.
In case of any further query please ask.

best wishes.
Follow-up: Chronic kidney disease patient. Undergone bladder augmentation. Taking Prolomet and stamlo. Suitable tablet for BP? Guide? 1 hour later
Hi Dr, I am using following medicines also: Dytor 10mg (TWICE daily), Losar 50 mg (TWICE daily), Sobisis 500 mg (THRICE daily) and FEBUTAZ 40 mg (once after Breakfast ) alongwith Thyroid medicine (THYRONORM 50 mg ) Whether any of these medicines will affect/interfere with my BP medications ?
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 3 hours later

Losar 50 is also a BP medicine. You can continue it along with prolomet.

Rest of the advice remains the same. Try adding clinidepine, followed by prazocin. other medicines will NOT interfere or affect BP.