Ask a Homeopath   »  

Chronic hepatitis B. Done liver functionality test. Is there ayurvedic or alternative treatment available?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi, I am having chronic Hepatitis-B , this I came top know when I dignozed in 2005 year.
Is any ayaurvedic or nay alternative treatments are availble which reduce virun completely from my body?
Currently I have taken LFT (Liver Functionality test) and all are normal. My HBsAg value is 18.32.
Please help me with your advice.

My mail id is " YYYY@YYYY ".

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Please send your answers in " YYYY@YYYY "

Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 11 hours later

As you have described you had hepatitis b diagnosed in 2005 and do not have any symptoms.
After long time virus of hepatitis are currently inactive. So now there is no issue of fear. But just as you think you should take precautions and solution about the viral infection.

Ayurveda can stop activation of virus in future.

Please start this treatment.

1. Pippali prayog: In this therapy, you have to take 200 ml cow milk and boil one piece of pippali (piper longum) in it for 5 minutes. Wait till it boil and then take out the pippali and chew it. Drink the milk then.
You need to continue this every day. Add one more pippali day by day as 2nd day - 2 pieces; 3rd day - 3 pieces; .... till 15th day - 15 pieces. From 16th day onwards you have to reduce the dosage every day one piece reducing so that you can reach 1 piece on 30th day.

Each day chew out pippali and then drink milk.

After completing one month of treatment, you would have to start the following for three months.
1. Rohitakarishtam 10 ml twice a day after meal.
2. Vasadi ghan 2 tab twice a day.
3. Bhringraj ghan 2 tab twice a day.

Avoid liquor and use less oilyad spicy food.
Avoid junk food.
Avoid stale food.

After completing this treatment for 3 months, you need to restart pippali prayog as described above for another month.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any clarifications.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant