Chronic dry eye, did sanding work. Rubbed eyes due to itching. Why is there a scab in the corner of eye?

I have chronic dry eye and we did some sanding work yesterday and my eyes were very itchy yesterday and I was rubbing them.
I work up today with a small scab on the inner corner of my left eye
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
It seems that you have suffered a superficial injury of your sclera due to repeated rubbing of your eye after doing a XXXXXXX work.
You need to avoid touching your eye with bare hand or finger. You may apply warm compress on the closed eye for relief from the soreness.
You may gently use a clean cloth dipped in XXXXXXX warm water and gently clean any secretions, if they should develop which will also add to relief.
Do put artificial tear drops more frequently.
Physical check up is necessary to find out the extent of damage. You need to consult your ophthalmologist to get antibiotic and anti allergic eye drops prescribed.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.