Chronic deep CNS microvascular white matter disease. What is this?

chronic deep CNS microvascular white matter disease what is this my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 14 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

Before I respond to your query, I would like to tell you that there are many causes of these changes in MRI. Some of these patients are symptomatic and surprisingly some patients are not. Hence these changes in the MRI should be interpreted with caution. I understand that you have antiphosholipid syndrome, systemic lupus. These patients are prone to have such changes in MRI.

If you do not have symptoms like weakness of one side of your body, difficulty in walking/speaking/memory and other problem, I would suggest you to ignore this. If not you get evaluated by a local neurologist who will help you through clinical evaluation and other tests as required

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any concern
Best wishes